|Born||1981 or 1982|
|Occupation||Video game director and producer|
|Notable work||Animal Crossing series|
|Title||Manager of Nintendo EPD Production Group No. 5|
Aya Kyogoku (京極あや, born c. 1981) is a Japanese video game director and producer who is the manager of Nintendo Entertainment Planning & Development Production Group No. 5, which oversees the development of the Animal Crossing series. She has worked on all games in the Animal Crossing series since Animal Crossing: City Folk and has directed or produced several of the games. Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Animal Crossing: New Horizons, both directed by Kyogoku, broke sales records for the series, with the latter selling nearly as many copies as all titles in the Animal Crossing series combined.
Kyogoku joined Nintendo in September 2003. She was a scriptwriter for The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess prior to working on the Animal Crossing series.
- Animal Crossing: City Folk – Sequence Director[nb 1]
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Director (with Isao Moro)[nb 2]
- Animal Crossing Plaza – Producer
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer – Producer (with Hisashi Nogami)
- Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival – Director
- Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp – Supervisor
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Director
- Kyogoku served as director on the best-selling title in the series, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and one of the worst-selling titles, Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival.
- Brian (June 14, 2019). "Nintendo promotes Aya Kyogoku, Hisashi Nogami, Eiji Aonuma, and Yoshihito Ikebata". Nintendo Everything.
- J. Clement. "Unit sales of the Animal Crossing franchise worldwide as of December 2020, by title". Statista.
- Satoru Iwata, Aya Kyogoku, Ryuji Kobayashi, Isao Moro, Hisashi Nogami. "The First New Title in 3 Years". Iwata Asks.
|Companies & Personnel|