Nookipedia talk:Community Fountain/2015
- 1 The Ore page
- 2 beta/talk
- 3 in super smash brothers
- 4 friend codes
- 5 Youtube template not working?
- 6 username
- 7 did anybody notice im the only french user in the entire website?
- 8 How do i put a pic?
- 9 Distribution
- 10 how do i make a new page
- 11 Official romanization of Japanese-only titles
- 12 A Pikmin e-card?
- 13 Distributed Items pages need updating
- 14 Merge handheld items
- 15 amiibo card file name conventions
- 16 How do I add a picture to my profile?
- 17 Purple background
- 18 Gradients in the notice templates
- 19 HHD icons
- 20 Mobile version?
The Ore page
- Thank you for telling us about this omission, it's been updated now with the selling prices. And welcome to Nookipedia! Just remember to place new discussions at the bottom of talk pages (using the "+" button next to the "edit" one to start a new section helps) and you'll be fine! Drago (talk) 14:36, January 8, 2015 (EST)
- Could you expand on what you mean by beta versions of the games? Right now, any articles we have on beta content is located at Category:Beta. ~SuperHamster Talk 20:43, February 14, 2015 (EST)
- i mean beta versions of the games. also, i almost never see a talk page Pac-banana (talk) 14:08, February 16, 2015 (EST)
- Yes, but do you have any examples of what can be covered? We do cover the development of games (e.g. NL#Development_and_Unveiling); I'm not sure what else there is to say? Nintendo doesn't really launch beta versions of games, so if there isn't much information available on pre-release versions of the game, there's not much to write about.
- Talk pages can be made by users if there are comments to be made, so feel free to make one if you have something to say about an article. ~SuperHamster Talk 14:14, February 16, 2015 (EST)
- i mean beta versions of the games. also, i almost never see a talk page Pac-banana (talk) 14:08, February 16, 2015 (EST)
- FYI, "beta" can mean a certain pre-release development stages in the game too ("alpha" is the stage before "beta". You have to be more specific on "beta versions" of games. Finally, don't create talk pages for the sake of creating talk pages. We create talk pages when questions concerning the articles arise, simple. ™ 16:28, February 17, 2015 (EST)
- Just chiming in here. There do exist what have been called 'beta worlds' or 'beta levels' by the AC community in ACGC (and I believe DnM, DnM+ and possibly DnM e+). These can be accessed by generating an invisible item (via cheating device) that when dropped and stepped on transports the player to a 'beta level'. There are half a dozen or so areas, most of which seem to have been designed to test different elements within the game. One of the 'beta levels' is actually the town from the start screen. Here is an example of one such beta world. (talk) 16:41, February 17, 2015 (EST) I am back! Who missed me? Lol! I can help with the beta pags, if you guy want. Your's truly, -- 21:12, February 28, 2015 (EST)
in super smash brothers
post your friend codes here for village visits!
Youtube template not working?
- Upload an image, then use [[File:YourImage.png|link=User:SuperCofee]]. Replace "YourImage" with the image name, and change the extension ".png" if it's .jpg or .gif. The link can be either "User:SuperCofee" or Usertalk:SuperCofee. If you have any more questions, just ask! ™ 15:17, May 9, 2015 (EDT)
iMA SEE IF IT WORKS [[File:HWH.png|link=User:SuperCofee]] (talk) 15:36, May 9, 2015 (EDT)
HEY IT DIDNT [[File:HWH.png|link=User:SuperCofee]] (talk) 15:37, May 9, 2015 (EDT)
That's because you put a space in front of it, and there's a formatting problem. Try this.
[[File:HWH.png|link=User:SuperCofee|30px]] ([[User talk:SuperCofee|talk]])
I suggest you resize your name (the one in red) and put it next to the image, since it needs to be scaled at around this size or smaller.
Once you're done, create a userpage entitled User:SuperCofee/sig (click on the red link). Copy and paste the code provided here and save the page. Now, once you type ~~~~, this signature should show up as a stamp. ™ 16:19, May 9, 2015 (EDT)
How do i put my name besides the image now? [[File:HWH.png|link=User:SuperCofee|30px]] ([[User talk:SuperCofee|talk]]) (talk) 16:34, May 9, 2015 (EDT)
lemme see if the stamp works [[File:HWH.png|link=User:SuperCofee|30px]] ([[User talk:SuperCofee|talk]]) (talk) 16:34, May 9, 2015 (EDT)
Well,It dosent matter anymore. im going to stick with my text signature. And my Small letter remarks. ᴇᴇsʜ,ɪ ᴅɪᴅɴᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ sɪɢɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴇs ᴡᴀs sᴏ ʜᴀʀᴅ. SᴜᴘᴇʀCᴏғᴇᴇ(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (talk) 16:52, May 9, 2015 (EDT)
- Ok. But you have consistent problem with the text. You have these weird marks in the wiki coding, which is screwing up the formatting. They show up as brackets in my computer when I try typing it. Make sure you use [ ] on the keyboard. I'll delete your page, then. :/ ™ 17:04, May 9, 2015 (EDT)
did anybody notice im the only french user in the entire website?
- I have French heritage if that counts for anything. My first name's (Emilie) distinctively French. ™ 15:18, May 9, 2015 (EDT)
How do i put a pic?
heidy.isabel ~ I have a great pic of Goose's house. It's from my miiverse page, but i saved the screenshot on my phone, idk if that affects anything. I really want to upload it, but idk how? How do i upload that pic??? May 20, 2015
- New topics go at the bottom of the page, just to let you know! Anyhow, to upload a file, click on the "Upload file" link on the bottom of that left green column, under "Tools". Once you get to that page, pick the image file, give it an appropriate name, and then upload it. Once it's done, to add the image in the page, embed the page title in double brackets like any other link (e.g. [[File:Example.jpg]]). If you need any more help, don't hesitate to ask! ™ 16:31, May 21, 2015 (EDT)
Just to let you guys know, there was a distribution in New Leaf for the Taurus bathtub after the Aries rocking chair. It ended already, but I don't know the exact date of the distribution starting and ending. Right now, they're distributing a Gemini closet. --Safyire (talk) 22:13, May 27, 2015 (EDT)
- Sorry about that! We keep forgetting to update the Main Page with new DLC. Red (talk) 05:54, May 28, 2015 (EDT)
how do i make a new page
- The best way to do it would be to search for it in the search bar or Special:Search. You'll get no results, but a "Create the page "Example" on this wiki!" message will appear, with a red link inside. Click that red link to go to the editing screen and start creating the page. Red (talk) 11:45, June 8, 2015 (EDT)
- Is page creation barred to regular registered users? If yes, are you autoconfirmed? ™ 16:23, June 8, 2015 (EDT)
Official romanization of Japanese-only titles
As I was creating redirect pages between the two romanizations of the Japanese-only Animal Crossing titles (e.g. Doubutsu no Mori redirects to Dōbutsu no Mori) I did some research and came across some evidence that we are using the unofficial romanizations for these titles. This picture of a Japan-only Club Nintendo exclusive Nintendo GameCube jewel featuring Timmy & Tommy features a romanization of the first game's title using "ou" instead of the "ō" to represent the long "o" sound. Furthermore, the Japan-only e-reader cards for Doubutsu no Mori+ also feature the "ou" spelling, and they show the plus mark in superscript! I wanted to get public input on this before changing our primary page names (and having an admin fix our newly created link templates). (talk) 14:46, July 11, 2015 (EDT)
- I suppose a rename would be reasonable, but there's no incorrect or correct romanization. It's still reasonable to assume that long vowel would use ō, oo, or ou. ™ 00:00, July 12, 2015 (EDT)
- I understand that 'ō' is still technically correct, however using it over 'ou' is a fairly arbitrary decision. If we switch to 'ou' at least we have a reason/precedence. (talk) 13:03, July 12, 2015 (EDT)
A Pikmin e-card?
Hey all. Some days ago, I found this while searching up "Pikmin e-card" on Google. The thing is, nobody I know knows what this is all about. Do any of you have any clue? I'd like to add the info to Pikipedia, but I'd rather not add just a picture from a supposed eBay auction (check the URL) and say we have no info on it. Thanks! – (Espyo from Pikipedia), 184.108.40.206 12:25, July 25, 2015 (EDT)
- Hey there, Espyo. :) That card is indeed legitimate; it's part of Series 2 of the Animal Crossing-e series of cards compatible with Animal Crossing and the Nintendo e-Reader. More info can be found here. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask. (talk) 12:37, July 25, 2015 (EDT)
- That's amazing! Thanks a bunch! 220.127.116.11 15:37, July 27, 2015 (EDT)
- Oh, well, I'm a genius. Turns out we already had that on the wiki. It's just that nobody remembered, and because we don't have any picture of it on the article (too cramped), I just assumed we didn't. Thanks anyway! 18.104.22.168 15:41, July 27, 2015 (EDT)
Distributed Items pages need updating
The pages for DLC are heavily outdated and need to be updated. Especially the PAL-specific DLC page.
- Distributed Items
- Distributed items/All
- Distributed Items/North America
- Distributed Items/Japan
- Distributed items/PAL
The City Folk section seems to be alright for North America. The Japan, PAL, and All pages need to formatted with this template as well as be updated. Lastly, the base DLC page, the NA page, and the Japan page need to be moved to Distributed items instead of Distributed Items. -- Pokebub (talk) 03:16, August 5, 2015 (EDT)
- Thank you for pointing out the capitalization problems, it seems Red Snapper has taken care of it. As for updating the pages, yes, they need some work. Unfortunately we're rather short-staffed at the moment; I'll add it to my to-do list though! (talk) 16:48, August 5, 2015 (EDT)
Merge handheld items
Things like ice cream, coffee, sparkling cider, pinwheels, Bunny Balloon, glowlights and other items should be merged into a single article called "handheld items" (dandelion can be mentioned as well). These items all have something in common: the players hold them, they serve no practical use, and they are not sold within the stores unless they are special occasions (such as glowlights; this makes them different from umbrellas). But, you guys can disagree; if that's the case, then at least put them in a category. They do have something in common, and it would be helpful to group them some way. ™ 16:05, August 14, 2015 (EDT)
- I'm definitely in favor. As individual articles very few of these will ever escape their stubby fates. Also don't forget Balloon (item), Party Popper, Sparkler, Roman Candle, Firework fountain, and Bubble Wand. We also need to decide whether to merge umbrella. I think it should remain a separate article but have a small section in Handheld items with a link to the main article. (talk) 16:27, August 14, 2015 (EDT)
amiibo card file name conventions
Nintendo has opened up a new section of the animal-crossing website that features images of all the NA versions of the amiibo cards. I have also verified that the European version of the cards will have villager names in 5 different languages (English, Spanish, French, Italian and German) and will have a different serial number printed on them. I think it's important to have images of the cards from all regions, if only to have easy access to official names for most of the villagers in 6 languages. So in order to distinguish between the different regions I will be converting all existing images to the following naming convention: ### Name amiibo card Region.png (Example: 001 Isabelle amiibo card NA.png)
### will be the card number (between 001 and 401). This is important to include because some characters have more than one card (e.g. special edition Isabelle card). The region will be a two letter abbreviation (NA = North America, JP = Japan, and EU = Europe). I will be moving or deleting a lot of different files during this process and as a result pages with links to the old files will no longer display correctly. I will be fixing all the links as I go, but I just wanted to let everyone know that things are going to look weird for several hours as I upload and fix all the images. (talk) 12:19, August 25, 2015 (EDT)
How do I add a picture to my profile?
I'm new here on Nookipedia; I started editing about a month ago. I'd like to add a picture to my profile, but I don't know how. Could anyone explain how?
- Sorry to disappoint you, but...you can't! That's a feature limited to Wikia and the Bulletin Board forums. You could, however, upload a file from your computer, etc., making sure to mark it as a 'personal image', and then place it on your user page. Hope that helped! Red (snappity snap snap!) 06:52, September 1, 2015 (EDT)
I like the purple background on Nookipedia(when it's "happy birthday Nookipedia")
- Well, it makes it altogether more special I guess. :O}) ™ 15:37, October 26, 2015 (EDT)
Gradients in the notice templates
I'm not sure if I like them on there. I'm thinking about changing it to a plain color for the sake of better readability. ™ 21:19, October 26, 2015 (EDT)
- I don't think they're bad, but I don't think they match the rest of the site (which, other than the header of the site, most everything else is a solid color). I'd support changing them back to solids. ~SuperHamster Talk 22:22, October 26, 2015 (EDT)
- Well, sunmarsh, the person behind adding the gradients isn't active in a while, so I'll wait a bit in case sunmarsh suddenly pops up or something. ™ 14:48, October 27, 2015 (EDT)
I actually like the icons for Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, and I'm actually tempted to use those instead for our furniture articles (they look better and are available to the general public unlike the current images), but on the other hand, we don't have a lot of information for Happy Home Designer itself, and I'm not exactly sure how the game works. Maybe it's a good idea to squeeze those images in an external gallery for the time being? ™ 00:10, November 5, 2015 (EST)
I've been playing Happy Home Designer for a few weeks now (currently working on some articles) -- I can confirm that the items in HHD are exactly the same as those in New Leaf. But the catalog icons are incredibly high-quality, as you can see -- they look even nicer than the NL catalog, even though they are smaller. I think it would be safe to use them in furniture articles. Nikol (talk) 16:14, November 18, 2015 (EST)
- I think mobile view was experimented with a while back, but it didn't work very well. It might be an option worth exploring again. ~SuperHamster Talk 00:53, November 29, 2015 (EST)