Club Nintendo is a reward system created by Nintendo. Users may input codes for major Nintendo games for Coins, the systems currency. These Coins may be traded for prizes. One may also input codes of one's Wii, DSi, or 3DS in order to increase warranty. Another way to increase the amount of Coins is by partaking in surveys. There are two types of prizes: purchaseable and non-purchaseable.
Club Nintendo was discontinued in North America on June 30, 2015 and in all other regions on September 30, 2015, and there will be a new membership program to replace it.
These are prizes that can be bought for Coins. Prizes include wallpapers and video games. Recently, the selections were expanded so that users may also purchase WiiWare/Virtual Console/DSiWare titles at a different and cheaper price.
- DS Lite Card and Stylus set (600 Coins) - includes seven Nintendo DS Lite styli.
- Animal Crossing Playing Cards (500 Coins)
Obtained from a certain status
These prizes are for those of "elite status." Once users obtain 300+ points during the Nintendo year (July 1 - June 30), they are qualified for the Gold status; once 600+ points are acquired, they are qualified for the Platinum status. There is a prize exclusive to the Platinum status members; in addition, the prize that is obtainable for Gold status members may be also obtained for Platinum status members. However, only one of the two prizes may be chosen.
Each year, one month of the calendar is dedicated to Animal Crossing.
- Calendar 2010 - May 2010 featured characters from Animal Crossing: City Folk.
- Calendar 2011 - March 2011 featured characters from Animal Crossing: City Folk.
- Calendar 2012 - March 2012 featured characters from Animal Crossing: New Leaf.