Presents are a way of sending gifts such as furniture, flowers, and fruit to other villagers and players in the Animal Crossing series. The present initially appears as a white box with a red bow around it, and can be opened in the player's inventory.
Presents appear in various different ways. Here is a list of examples -
- Floating on a balloon - Can be shot down with a slingshot (in Doubutsu no Mori and Animal Crossing, players must wait until it rests in a tree and then shake it)
- A gift from a villager or the player's mother - Attached to a letter.
- A delivery task on behalf of a villager - Although intended for another resident of the town, these can be opened, and appear as a white box with green bow. In Animal Crossing, the bow is colored blue. Talking to the villager who gave the player the task may get angry knowing it has been opened.
- Sometimes, if the player does not get the task done, the villager will ask for the present back and deliver it themselves.
- Other times, the present will not say "For <Villager's Name>", and it will say "What was that?", in which the villager who asked the player to deliver it will forget they even asked them, and the player will not be able to deliver it.
In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, the player can buy wrapping paper from the Nookling Stores to wrap a present for a villager's birthday, however these wrapped items have a different appearance compared to regular presents.
Sprites & Models