- "Hello, hello! It's time for the Quiz Show! This is where I get to test you on your Animal Crossing knowledge."
- — Lloid, Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival
|Unlock cost||4 Happy Tickets|
|Try the Animal Crossing Quiz Show! When the spotlight shines on you, you have the right to answer the current quiz question. Try to quickly give the correct answer and become the quiz champion!|
Each player must scan an amiibo card; its respective character will be the contestant. Lloid hosts the Quiz Show, giving the players a series of multiple-choice questions based on Animal Crossing: New Leaf, as well as amiibo Festival's Board Game mode. Answers appear on the GamePad, and the players must tap the correct one. In single-player games, the objective is to answer as many questions as possible in 90 seconds; in multiplayer games, players compete to ring in first and correctly guess the answer.
Completing the minigame rewards the player with the same number of Happy Points as the total number of points received by all players during the game.
In multiplayer games, the player must ring in to answer by scanning their character's amiibo card when the spotlight is on them; they will then be given 10 seconds to correctly answer the question. If the question is correctly answered, the player earns five points. Each question has either four or eight answers. If the question has eight answers and no player rings in for five seconds, one incorrect answer is eliminated; this repeats until 20 seconds, at which point a five-second timer appears. If the question is not answered after the timer expires, the correct answer is shown and no player receives points.
The player with the most points after 15 questions wins the game.
amiibo Chance is an option that allows a player to scan an Animal Crossing amiibo figure after ringing in; the character will be called in from their workplace and will eliminate or suggest certain answers. If the player correctly guesses the answer, they earn an additional five points. Each player can only use amiibo Chance once per game.
The amiibo Chance has a chance of not working, with Lloid saying the character "must be busy." If this occurs, the player's amiibo Chance will not be used, but they will be unable to scan another amiibo for the current question. If the character of the scanned amiibo is one of the contestants, the character cannot be called in; however, the player can scan another amiibo for the current question.
Each character has knowledge of different types of questions. If the player calls in a character who is knowledgeable in the question's subject, they will either suggest two possible answers, with one being the correct answer, or eliminate half of the possible answers. If the character is not knowledgeable in the subject, they will eliminate one incorrect answer. Below is a table showing which subjects each character is knowledgeable in.
|Character||Art||Board Game||Bugs||Catchphrases||Fish||Furniture||Gulliver items||Music||Sea creatures||Shoes||Tops/Dresses|
|Timmy and Tommy|
In a single-player game, the player is given 90 seconds to answer as many questions as possible. In this mode, the player does not need to ring in and instead has 10 seconds to answer each question. Additionally, the player cannot use amiibo Chance, and they are not told the correct answer when they miss a question.
The following questions can be asked during the Quiz Show:
- "They're lined up by size. Which one is missing?"
- Three bugs or fish that are related appear, with a question mark taking the place of the fourth. There are four answers, including the three creatures shown and the missing one.
- "What aquatic creature is this?"
- A fish is shown. There are eight answers.
- "What bug is this?"
- A bug is shown. There are eight answers.
- "What do these words describe?"
- Three speech bubbles appear, with one appearing around every five seconds. They describe a fish or bug. There are eight answers.
- "What gyroid is this?"
- A Gyroid appears, making its sound; the Gyroid has a chance of being a silhouette, requiring the player to answer based on its sound alone. There are eight answers.
- "What is this?"
- An image appears, with the subject being either an athletic item, Board Game feature, sea creature, Fortune Cookie item, fruit, instrument, or house plant. There are eight answers, which are all in the same category. There are variants of the question where the subject moves across the screen, and where the subject is blurred and slowly becomes unblurred.
- "What is this piece of art?"
- A work of art appears. There are eight answers, which are the real names of the work of art.
- "What model is this?"
- A completed fossil appears. There are eight answers.
- "What piece of clothing is this?"
- A top or dress appears. There are eight answers.
- "What shoes are these?"
- A pair of shoes appears. There are eight answers.
- "What song is this?"
- A K.K. Slider song album cover appears while the corresponding song plays. There are eight answers. There is a variant of the question where the album cover is a silhouette, requiring the player to identify the song based on the music alone.
- "What's my catchphrase?"
- A villager appears. There are eight answers.
- "Where is this from?"
- An item received from Gulliver in New Leaf appears.
- "Which artist created this?"
- A work of art appears. There are eight answers.
- "Which one is real?"
- Eight paintings or eight statues, labeled A through H, appear. One is genuine and seven are forgeries. There are eight answers.
- "Who am I?"
- A special character, wearing any of their possible Board Game outfits, appears. There are eight answers. There are variants of the question where the camera is zoomed-in on the characters head, and where the character is a silhouette.
|Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival minigames|