- "Whooaa! I caught a giant stag beetle! It's...well, it's GIANT!!! (Seriously! Look at it! It's huge!)" —Animal Crossing
- "Whoa! I caught a giant beetle! He's so big and chunky and cool-looking, huh? He's the king of beetles!" —Wild World
- "Whoa! A giant beetle! Augh, don't squish me!" —City Folk
- "Whoa! I caught a giant stag! Small world, isn't it?" —New Leaf
The Giant Stag[nb 1] (known as the Giant Beetle prior to New Leaf) is a bug in the Animal Crossing series introduced in Doubutsu no Mori. It is extremely similar to the Stag Beetle – especially in its appearance in Wild World – with the only differences being that the Giant Stag is a bit darker and bigger.
In Animal Crossing
| ''These shy beetles are nocturnal. They live five years, so they make good pets."|
| ''Nocturnal and very skittish, their long lives make them popular pets."|
In New Leaf
In Pocket Camp
Donating to the museum
In Animal Crossing
"Your donation of such an obviously valuable insect is really quite generous. To me, however, it's just an overpriced cockroach. And that awful black luster...Horrendous!"
In Wild World
"If you took this to a shop, they'd be willing to pay you quite well for it, I'm sure. That said, all it looks like to me is a glorified, expensive cockroach! Perhaps that's just me..."
In City Folk
"The giant beetle boasts a massive horn, and yet it's said this bug is actually something of a milquetoast. Apparently this bug would prefer to stay inside where other creatures won't bother it. How precious. Even I could handle being near such a shy insect! I shan't be touching it, though..."
After donation, the Giant Beetle can be found on the top-most level of the insect section, three trees to the right of the lamp on the left-hand side, on the tree between the Walkingstick and Bagworm tree and the Saw Stag Beetle tree.
In New Leaf
Upon donation to the museum, the Giant Stag can be found on a tree in the back of the upper right room of the insect section. The exhibit has this to say about the Giant Stag:
- "Giant stags are huge stag beetles with one tooth in each side of their large jaws. They're very territorial but careful at the same time, so they usually hide in holes in trees. They have a long life span. Records show that some have lived up to five years. They're very popular among collectors as pets, so they commonly fetch a high price."
In New Horizons
When donating to the museum, Blathers will say the following:
"It is said the giant stag is a popular pet among bug enthusiasts. Though how one might consider oneself enthusiastic about bugs is quite beyond me... But I digress. Giant stags look fearsome with their enormous curved mandibles. But in truth, they're really quite cowardly. Oh how they love to hide away in rotting wood, only to reveal themselves under the cover of dark. Hoot! I shall never turn off the light again!"
Names in other languages
|This article about a species is a stub. You can help Nookipedia by .|