Welcome to Nookipedia, your community-driven Animal Crossing wiki encyclopedia!
A new Animal Crossing game has been announced for the Nintendo Switch!
Coming in 2019.
Fishing is a large part of Animal Crossing series. It has appeared in all of the games yet. Making up a substantial amount of gameplay, it is often an essential skill for those who are not very lucky at the stalk market, because it is based more on skill than luck. Fish appear in the museum after donating, along with bugs, fossils and paintings. They are diverse in price, ranging from 100 Bells to 15,000 Bells. Not all 'fish' are actually fish, though, but rather mere aquatic species: frogs, crawfish, octopuses and lobster, for example. Fish can be found in all bodies of water, the pond, the river pool, the river, the waterfall, the ocean and the fish can be caught using any of the two (in Animal Crossing and Animal Crossing: Wild World) to three (in Animal Crossing: City Folk) types of available fishing rod. If players catch the fish and a villager sees them, the villagers will clap. (Read More)
Want to nominate a picture? Nominate it here!
Snorechu on Instagram
Check back on January 28 for the next artwork!
Click here for a list of previously featured fanart.
- 19th August, 2018
- Promotion - In a bumper month for promotions, Vmario97 is our latest Patroller. Congratulations!
- 12th August, 2018
- Promotion - ZCJigglypuff has been promoted from a Patroller to an Administrator. Congratulations!
- 2nd April, 2018
- New Theme! - We've updated our site theme for the spring and summer. Enjoy!
- 11th March, 2018
- Promotion - LoneShadowStar has been promoted to the Patroller position. Congratulations!
- 22nd November, 2017
- New layout! - We're thrilled to announce that, after more than five years with our previous skin, we have a new site layout! It's currently themed around Pocket Camp, and we are planning to have more themes in the future.
Visit the news archive for old stories.
What's Out Right Now
the following critters are out and about...
This Month's Events
Here are the events occurring in January:
- 1st: New Year's Day in Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing: Wild World, Animal Crossing: City Folk and Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
- Second Saturday: La-Di-Day in Animal Crossing: Wild World.
- Third Sunday: Fishing Tourney in Animal Crossing: Wild World.
- Third Saturday: Fishing Tourney in Animal Crossing: City Folk and Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
- Last Sunday: Yay Day in Animal Crossing: Wild World; Flea Market in Animal Crossing: City Folk.
Did you know?
- In Doubutsu no Mori e+, the player could enter Tom Nook's store after hours by banging the door with a shovel three times.
- Hitting flowers with a net will not destroy them, no matter how many times they are hit.
- In Animal Crossing, K.K. Slider will always play Forest Life whenever anything with the word "Forest" is entered as a request.
- The Arcade Machine furniture item's screen contains moving figures of Mario and Luigi.
- Farley, who gives out the Golden Axe as a reward for maintaining a perfect town, will at most only ever make one appearance for each human player.
Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance
| NIWA is a network of independent wikis focusing on various Nintendo franchises.