- "I caught an agrias butterfly! So bright and beautiful!" —City Folk
- "I caught an agrias butterfly! I guess this one agreed with me!" —New Leaf
- "I caught an agrias butterfly! I wonder if it finds me disagrias-able?" —New Horizons
|Scientific name||Agrias claudina sardanapalus|
|Family||Nymphalidae- Brush-Footed Butterflies|
|Time of year||April to September |
April to September Northern Hemisphere New Horizons
|Time of day||8 am to 5 pm|
|Location||Flying (near flowers)|
|Selling price||3,000 Bells|
The Agrias Butterfly (ミイロタテル, Miirotateru) is a rare insect in the Animal Crossing series. It can be found in summer, between the months of April and September. It can be sold for 3,000 bells. It is different to other butterflies in the game, using speed and agility to avoid being caught in a net, while others fly slowly.
Donating to the Museum
In Wild World
- "The agrias butterfly is said to be quite an agile flier. I'm shocked you snared one! Yes, rather impressive! I know for a fact that I could never do it, wot! Or, to be more accurate, catching one would never even cross my mind...Fleeing from one...That I might do!"
In City Folk
- "I must commend you for catching this particular type of butterfly! The agrias butterfly's atypical flight pattern has earned it the nickname "King of the Butterflies." It's such a swift flier that most enthusiasts who attempt to catch one rely on traps, eh wot? I daresay I'd lose a race with this flittering thing... Though I'd likely pass out from mortal revulsion first."
It can found flying in the bottom terrace by the entrance of the insect room, with other butterflies.
In New Leaf
Upon being donated, the butterfly can be found in the first room of the bug exhibit resting on flowers with the other butterflies. The exhibit has this to say about the Agrias Butterfly:
- "Agrias butterflies are argued to have the most beautiful wings of all butterfly species. They're capable of flying quite fast, making them more difficult to catch than a number of their peers. Their wings sport three colors - red, blue, and black - but many have different patterns and shapes."
In New Horizons
- "Some say the agrias butterfly is one of the most beautiful butterflies in the world. Bah, I say! BAH! They may have brightly colored wings, but the way they flutter and flitter...SO FOUL! In fact, the agrias butterfly flies so fast, it is quite a feat to catch one. I suppose I should congratulate you on your good fortune... But catching any bug seems a misfortune to me.
The Agrias Butterfly can be found in the butterfly room, but may also be spotted flying around the big bug room as well.
| ''They are the world's fastest butterflies."|
| ''Fast and hard to catch, these are among the most lovely butterflies in the world!"|
An agrias butterfly being caught in New Horizons.
The family, Nymphalidae or "Brush-footed butterflies", gets this name from the forelegs of the adults, which are small and hairy, and resemble small brushes. However, these forelegs are not used for walking.
Names in other languages