A TV, or television, is an item of furniture obtainable in the Animal Crossing series. Like in real life, TVs broadcast an assortment of programs when turned on, such as game shows, cartoons, or plays. In the original Animal Crossing, each TV plays a specific show that never changes. The following is a list of the type of TVs that are available in-game.
These items are part of a larger set called Household Items.
|Item Name||Buy Price||Sell Price||Available From||Group||Colour||Size (sq)|
|Retro TV||1,600||400||Tom Nook||B||1|
|Wide-Screen TV||8,800 (2,200)||550||Crazy Redd||-||2|
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Animal Crossing: City Folk
|Item Name||Buy Price||Sell Price||Available From||Color(s)||Genres||Size (sq)|
|TV with a VCR||2,000||500||Tom Nook||Gray / Black||Trendy/Playful||1|
|Wide-Screen TV||4,400 (2,200)||550||Crazy Redd||Black / Brown||Trendy/Dignified||2|
|Retro TV||1,600||400||Tom Nook||Brown / Gray||Retro/Dignified||1|
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- Snowman TV (Obtained from building a perfect snowman)
- Mush TV (Obtained from the Acorn Festival in Wild World. In City Folk and New Leaf, it can be picked up in Mushrooming Season.)
- Apple TV (Obtained from returned Katie in City Folk. Shows apples rolling across the screen while music plays)
- Harvest TV (Obtained on Thanksgiving from Franklin)
- Balloon TV (Obtained from the sky with a slingshot. Only in New Leaf.)
Programs played on TVs change each hour. In Animal Crossing, each TV displays a specific program unique to that TV. The following programs can be found on TV throughout the day:
- News: On at 6 a.m., 7 a.m., and 11 a.m., and in the evening and night at 6 p.m., 10 p.m., and 11 p.m.. Displays various pictures of hosts and reporters. K.K. D & B can be heard.
- Comedy Show: Shows a man and a woman alternately speaking, with an occasional bit of laughter, while K.K. Ragtime is played in the background.
- Weather: Comes on after the news (normally after 45 minutes after the hour the news begins). Shows what the weather will be like on the day that follows. Cafe K.K., K.K. Swing, and K.K. Love Song can be heard in the background without K.K.'s vocals.
- Soap: Displays a man and a woman talking on a balcony with the Roost theme from City Folk playing.
- Sports: Displays a soccer game, including goalie close-ups and a full picture of the field. The program usually lasts 1-2 hours.
- Cartoons: Displays a ninja in a yellow suit laughing while Go K.K. Rider! is played.
- Game Show: Four people supposedly answer questions asked by the mustached host. A man appears to get it wrong while a woman gets it correct.
- Nature: Various pictures of nature are shown, including a forest with deer and a tree-covered mountain.
- "Late-Night Crime Show": Displays pictures of a building being blown up and woman who appears to be holding a gun.
- Off air: After midnight on Sunday and Monday (after 3am on weekdays). After it goes off air, a test pattern is shown and later static.
- Ghost Stories: Appears in Wild World and has various pictures of people encountering ghosts.
- Talkshow: Appears in New Leaf where men are shown to have talking on a TV show along with the Happy Room Academy theme from City Folk playing in the background.
- Anime: Appears in New Leaf which displays robots fighting each other with Bubblegum K.K. playing in the background. It only plays on the Karaoke System and can't be seen on any of the TVs.
- Cat & Mouse: Appears in New Leaf when a cat is shown chasing a mouse. K.K. Rockabilly can be heard in this show.
- Exercise: Appears in New Leaf in 3 p.m. where people are shown performing exercise routines. Music from the Morning Aerobics from GCN can be heard.
- Cooking: Appears in New Leaf where a chef is trying to let a woman try some food. K.K. Etude plays in the background.
- Performance: Appears in New Leaf in 12 a.m. where a person sings to K.K. Jazz.
- UFO: Appears in New Leaf when an alien is shown entering from a UFO to deliver a message in alien language. It can be seen only at 3:33 a.m. on Sunday and Monday.
Commercials and intermissions
- Apples: This intermission shows apples rolling around. It is taken from the Apple TV from the GCN version.
- Lady: This intermission shows what looks like a lady trying to rap or sing. It is taken from the Retro TV from the GCN version.
- Snowing: This commercial shows a house being snowed on at night. It is taken from the Snowman TV from the GCN version.
- Exercise Machine: This commercial shows a lady demonstrating an exercise machine. DJ K.K. plays in the background.
- Drink: This commercial shows children at a park having fun then drinking some sort of soft drink. The startup theme from the GCN version is heard, but in a faster tempo.
- Laundry Detergent: This commercial shows what looks like a little boy telling his mother to do some washing. The humorous effects of shirt being washed and dried is seen in this commercial.
TV Programs in Animal Crossing
- Apple TV: Shows apples rolling around while music plays.
- Retro TV: Shows what looks like a lady trying to rap or sing.
- Snowman TV: Shows a house being snowed on at night, while soft music plays in the background.
- Wide-Screen TV: Shows a static screen with random sounds in the background.
- Harvest TV: Shows three football player running down a field, while cheering can be heard in the background.
- Resetti Surveillance Center has a TV inside the building that plays a non-watchable show.
- The TV in the Surveillance Center has been replaced by a normal TV in New Leaf.
- The exercise machine is the same one in a Nintendo 64DD promo.