List of references in the Animal Crossing series
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following is a list of references to other media or popular culture in the Animal Crossing series.
- When talking to Gulliver, he can say he might have "lost his Goldfish in Toad Town or Hyrule" which are references to Toad Town from Paper Mario and the Mario series and Hyrule from The Legend of Zelda series.
- Kapp'n can sing a song about how he thinks Mario acts. Kapp'n also references The Legend of Zelda in between some sea shanty verses, saying, "Ever spend a night in a Hyrulian Prison?"
- The catch quote for the Loach is "I caught a loach! You don't suppose it's Hylian, do you?". This is a reference to the Hylian Loach, a fish in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
- There is a collection of 10 Super Mario Bros.-themed furniture items, as well as the Mushroom Mural and Block Flooring, which also are themed after Super Mario Bros.
- The Autumn Medal and Spring Medal items contain a medal with Mario's face on it.
- The Mario Trophy and Luigi Trophy items are statues of Mario and Luigi respectively.
- The Anju's Shirt and Kaffe's Shirt items are references to the outfits worn by Anju and Kafei, characters in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
- Tortimer tells a story that he defeated the "great sea snakes" at Pinnacle Rock, a reference to The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
- In some villagers' houses, if the player looks inside their storage units, they may get the message "You found 10 Rupees! Talk about lucky! Too bad you can't use them in this town...", a reference to The Legend of Zelda series.
- The Master Sword from The Legend of Zelda series appears as an item.
- An Arwing from Star Fox series appears as an item.
- The N Logo and G Logo items reference the logos of the Nintendo 64 and Nintendo GameCube respectively.
- Various e-Reader designs feature references to other Nintendo franchises, including Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Pokémon, Kirby, Pikmin, F-Zero, and Star Fox.
Animal Crossing: Wild World
- After talking to Gulliver after repairing his U.F.O., he asks the player if they have ever seen "A space fox or a bounty hunter who can roll into a ball". These are clear references to Fox of the Star Fox series and Samus Aran of the Metroid series.
Animal Crossing: City Folk
- Through the Nook's Point-Tracking Machine, Nintendo-related items are available for purchase as a reward for spending large amounts of Bells at Tom Nook's.
- A Red Pikmin Hat and a Dolphin Model, which originate from the Pikmin series, are distributed items.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- After agreeing to help Gulliver, he'll mention that he's "never met a skipper so kind since Bobbery of Rogueport". This is a reference to Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
- One of the locations Gulliver mentions having washed up on is Isle Delfino. This is a reference to Super Mario Sunshine.
- Gulliver may also mention The Overthere; a place in Super Paper Mario.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- If the player refuses to find the communicator parts for Gulliver, he says, "Oof. I haven't received a cold shoulder this icy since my brush with the Snomad fleet...". This references the Snowmads from Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.
- One of the possible catch quotes for the Squid is "I caught a squid! Do they...not actually "bloop"?". This is a reference to Bloopers from the Mario (franchise).
- The Tulip Surprise Box opens when interacted with, revealing a doll referencing Princess Peach, Princess Daisy doll, or Rosalina depending on its variant.
- One of the quotes Isabelle restates during the island evaluation is "It's a place I've been quietly watching. It's a secret to everybody. I don't want it to be famous." The "It's a secret to everybody" part is a reference to an identical quote commonly used in the The Legend of Zelda series.
- When the player talks to a Peppy Villager, they may mention a game they have been waiting for to come out called Super Gyroid Brothers, a reference to Super Mario Bros..
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp
- The Super Mushroom, 1-Up Mushroom, and Mega Mushroom from the Mario franchise appear as crafting materials.
- A Poké Ball from the Pokémon franchise appears as a crafting material.
|This article is a stub. You can help Nookipedia by .|