Mayor points are a measure of approval of the mayor of a town in Animal Crossing: New Leaf. The player acting as the mayor may earn a maximum approval rating of 100% through good deeds and actions, which unlocks the ability to build public works projects and enact town ordinances. The approval rating starts at anywhere from 0% to 30%. It is possible for the approval rating to be up to 100% on the same day that the player started.
- Changing the town tune - 3 points (one time only)
- Changing the town flag - 3 points (one time only)
- Put something up for sale at Re-Tail - 3 points (one time only)
- Putting a bulletin on the bulletin board - 3 points (one time only)
- Donating an item to the museum - 3 points (one time only)
- Pulling a weed out - 1 point each
- Watering flowers - 1 point per day
- Removing trash from water bodies through fishing - 1 point each
- Introduce yourself to all of your villagers - 1 point each
- Send a letter - 1 point each
- Play each day - up to 3 points per day
The more points the player has, the better rating they get. To receive the town rating, the player can go to the Town Hall and talk to Isabelle. They should then select 'citizen satisfaction'. Isabelle will then sum up the villager's ratings of the village. To rate the town, villagers will say how much they like the town and which aspects they favor. After listening to the rating, Isabelle will tell the player what she thinks the villagers want them to work on. The villager's rating will differ every time a goal is met. To get a good rating, the player should play often, plant lots of flowers, pull weeds, control the amount of trees, pick up items dropped on the ground and talk to the villagers often.