The bulletin board as it appears in New Horizons.
|Services||Information and notice board|
The bulletin board is a board where messages from other players and villagers are posted. A player is able to post their own messages, and Tom Nook will direct the player to post an advertisement for his store on the board while working for him part-time. The board's location differs from game to game. In Animal Crossing, it is located in the center of the plaza containing the four player-ownable houses. The board is located directly to the left of the Town Hall in Wild World and City Folk, placed to the left of the Train Station in New Leaf, and placed to the left of Resident Services in New Horizons.
Starting from City Folk, a small yellow bird will perch on top of the board when there is a new notice, and any player can delete messages if they wish to do so. This bird can be seen on the cover of City Folk. Since New Leaf, an owl will appear at night instead of the yellow bird.
There are a number of different types of messages that feature on the bulletin board:
- Events- Notices about events will usually appear one week prior to an event, and also on the day beforehand. If the event is a competition, results will be posted the day after the event finishes.
- Treasure Hunt: In Animal Crossing, villagers may advertise a treasure hunt for an item they have buried. The message will state which item has been buried, and which acre row the item is buried in.
- Message of the Week/Talking to Myself: In Wild World, small anecdotes or notes occasionally appear of the Board, usually with an humourous twist. Messages of the Week are posted every Monday, while Talking to Myself entries are posted randomly. These notes are suspected to have been written by either Pelly or Phyllis- there are often tales about the writer's sister, and their odd habits.
- Weather Warnings: In all games, weather warnings are issued to inform the player of important changes in the weather. For a full list of weather warnings, please see Weather Warnings.
- Birthdays: These notices tell players of a villager's birthday a week before their special day, and also wishes the player many happy returns when it is their own birthday.
- Tom Nook's store/Nookling's store: Tom Nook (Nooklings in New Leaf and New Horizons) may post various different notices on the board. Tom Nook will also advertise an imminent Point Special three days before the event. When a Spotlight Item is featured in the store, it will be advertised only on the day of its sale. Nook will also post in advance notices informing the town of sales at his store or if the store will be closed for remodeling.
- GBulletin Board NL.png