The Fall Update (version 1.5.0), known in Europe as the Free Autumn Update, and in Australia as 1.5.0 Free Update was an update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons released on September 30, 2020. The update primarily brought back the previously cut holiday, Halloween, alongside its host Jack. It was announced on September 25, 2020.
- Halloween, alongside Jack, returns in 1.5.0.
- For the remainder of October, the player can purchase Spooky Series furniture and one Candy for day in Nook's Cranny.
- Pumpkin Starts are available to purchase in both Nook's Cranny and Leif, and planting them will produce pumpkins for use in DIY recipes for the Spooky Series.
- The holiday itself still retains the idea of trick or treating, but unlike previous games, treating will allow the player to earn prizes, while trick messes up the player's skin tone and eye contact while also adding a face paint.
- Jack will roam around the island asking the player to give him either Candy or Lollipop. The former will give the player Jack's Robe and Jack's Face which will scare any villagers into giving Candy. The latter will give the player a Spooky Carriage, the DIY recipe for Spooky Carriage, and a DIY recipe for a Spooky Wand. Failure to give these treats will result in Jack messing the player's skin tone, eye color, and face paint.
- Two reactions can be learned during this event—Scare and Haunt.
- It is now possible to change your eye colors differently. The Exploring New Eye Colors gives the player the choice of changing their eye colors to magenta, orange, yellow, pink, gray, or aqua.
- Four new skin tones were added in this update. The Body-Paint Costume Tips gives the player the choice of changing their skin tones to white, green, blue, or purple.
- When going to dream with Luna, it is now possible to choose from a list of previously visited dream islands or a list of favorite previously visited dream islands to visit these islands.
- It is now possible to hide items that are not for sale by pressing the Y Button when viewing the catalog via Nook Shopping.
- Fixed an issue where some title keywords obtained via Nook Miles would not appear within the Passport.
- Fixed an issue where certain messages would display in English for users playing in French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, or Russian.
- Fixed an issue where animal residents would talk about pumpkins when given a bamboo shoot.
- Fixed an issue where it was no longer possible to jump over a river based on the location of certain furniture.
Items added in 1.5.0
1.5.0 items in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
|Includes data sourced from this Item Spreadsheet, compiled by 6480, noizhub, Ricky, chaiinchomp, saberslime, robotic_scarab, mollumisc, sunmarsh, kyrokey, obstinateRixatrix, jackiwi, Zalex, SuperHamster, kait, hyuum, Azarro, Czarcasm, cinnamon_swirlix, astronomyfortwo, Welcius, glowtopia, BriKun, Alyrei, dodocodes.com, StevieCoops, sneeze, Shiny190, TwistedPeach, LavaToaster, capstone, vmario, rocklamp, Alexis, and Aeon.
- The NookLink mobile app now allows players to use Reactions. This update was announced alongside the 1.5.0 update and was released on October 6, 2020.
- A release of Series 1–4 of the Animal Crossing amiibo cards was announced alongside the 1.5.0 update. They returned to retailers in November 2020.