||It has been proposed that this article be merged with Wisp.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's talk page.
Note: This page will be forever a stub, similar to Gracie's Car, suggesting a merge with Wisp.
A player catching a spirit with a net
- "I caught a spirit! It feels so ectoplasmic!" —Animal Crossing (GCN)
- "I caught a spirit! That makes two!" —Animal Crossing (GCN)
- "I caught a spirit! Three down, two to go!" —Animal Crossing (GCN)
- "I caught a spirit! Phew...just one left!" —Animal Crossing (GCN)
- "I caught a spirit! Yeah! That's the last one!" —Animal Crossing (GCN)
Spirits are a life form that appear in the Animal Crossing series, only appearing in Animal Crossing and Doubutsu no Mori e+. Spirits look like small, swirling, purple balls of fire that slowly move around an area.
From midnight to 4 am, the player can find Wisp, who when talked to, will ask the player to return the five spirits which are hidden around town. They are caught using a net, which is the only time a net is used for something that is not a bug in those games. All five spirits can fit into one spot in the player's inventory.
In Animal Crossing, Wisp will mutter something about a master and what he will do if the spirits are not recovered. The spirits float around and are extremely easy to catch when found. If the player returns them all to Wisp, they will be given a choice of rewards. The spirits do not reappear in Wisp's second appearance in the series (Animal Crossing: City Folk), instead, Wisp asks for the player to return his empty lamp to him.