Happy Home Academy
|Happy Home Academy|
The logo for the Happy Home Academy
Model Room (CF)
|Opening hours||9 AM to 9 PM|
|Appearances||Animal Crossing: City Folk, |
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
(Inside Nook's Homes)
The Happy Room Academy (HRA), or Happy Home Academy (HHA) in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, is a type of housing association that inspects the player's house each day, and scores it according to the types of items that have been placed in the main room, as well as the location of the items with regards to Feng Shui. The HRA score can generally be increased by placing rare or expensive items in the house, particularly furniture series which award point bonuses.
- 1 Animal Crossing (GCN)
- 2 Animal Crossing: Wild World
- 3 Animal Crossing: City Folk
- 4 Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- 5 Point Bonuses
- 6 HRA Awards
- 7 Staff
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Trivia
In Animal Crossing Wild World, the player must join the HRA. Tom Nook first asks the player the second day they go to his store. He will describe what they do and then ask the player if they want to join. If the player says yes, he will be delighted, but if they say no, he will seem sad but says that it is required. At the end of both he says Good luck!, signing up the player.
Spotlight items are worth +151 points. Those which are also lucky are worth +7,777 points.
On Sunday the HRA sends players their evaluation results through the mail. If players do not want to receive the results by mail, they can talk to Lyle at the HRA headquarters. When players select "Letters", he will ask them if they want the letters to stop being sent. If they select "Please stop!", they will stop receiving letters (players can turn them on again by talking to Lyle again).
If players do not receive letters, but need to see how many points they have, they can talk to Lyle at the HRA building.
- See also: Feng Shui
- Completed furniture series - 20,000 points
- Completed furniture series with wallpaper or carpet - 25,000 points
- Completed furniture series with wallpaper and carpet - 30,000 points
- Furniture theme flooring or wallpaper - 3,000 points
- Completed Theme with wallpaper and carpet - # of pieces x 3,000
- Completed furniture set - 1,000 points for each piece in the set
At the back of the HRA in Animal Crossing: City Folk, is the model room (a room theme chosen by Lyle every month that satisfies a certain theme). If no room fits the theme for the month, there will be no model room, and the area for the model room is replaced by an empty 4x4 room with a concrete wall and floor.
In Animal Crossing: New Leaf the academy has been renamed to the Happy Home Academy, and is inside Nook's Homes. It is still run by Lyle, and functions in a similar way as it did in Animal Crossing: City Folk, but there is no model room. Instead, when the player pays their mortgage off, they may accept a theme challenge of a certain genre. Lucky bonuses have changed, and now include villager pictures of residents currently living in town. There is no complete theme bonus in New Leaf, and the Happy Home Academy does not rate the player's basement.
20,000 points for all 10 pieces of furniture in a series.
Complete Series + Wallpaper or Carpet
25,000 points for all 10 pieces of furniture in a series, and either matching wallpaper or carpet.
Complete Series + Wallpaper and Carpet
30,000 points for all 10 pieces of furniture in a series, plus both the matching wallpaper and carpet.
Furniture Theme Flooring or Wallpaper
3,000 points just for a theme's flooring or wallpaper.
Furniture Theme Flooring or Wallpaper + Theme Furniture
3,000 x number of pieces of furniture in the room which match the carpet or wallpaper.
Complete Furniture Set
1,000 points for each piece in the set.
Necessities of Living
The player has a bed, table, chair, wardrobe and dresser in the home. The bed is not required in Animal Crossing: Wild World.
- 70,000 points - House Model
- 100,000 points - Manor Model
- 70,000 points - One-story Model
- 100,000 points - Two-story Model
- 150,000 points - Mansion Model
- 70,000 points - House Model
- 100,000 points - Wide-house Model
- 150,000 points - Two-story Model
- 10,000 points - Happy Home Academy tee
- 20,000 points - Happy Home Academy pennant
- 30,000 points - Happy Home Academy jacket
- 50,000 points - Silver Happy Home Academy plaque
- 70,000 points - Gold Happy Home Academy plaque
- 90,000 points - Silver Happy Home Academy trophy
- 100,000 points - Gold Happy Home Academy trophy
- 150,000 points - Gold House Model
- 300,000 points - Golden Roof (exterior of home)
- 500,000 points - Golden Exterior (exterior of home)
- 700,000 points - Arched Golden Door (exterior of home)
- 900,000 points - Golden Fence (exterior of home)
- 1,100,000 points - Golden Mailbox (exterior of home)
- 10,000 points - Happy Home Academy pennant
- 20,000 points - Happy Home Academy Bronze Plaque
- 30,000 points - Silver HHA Plaque
Lyle (Chairman, Representative)
Sprites & Models
- In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, the music from the Happy Room Academy HQ is reused on the TV as a talk show, but in a slower tempo.